Ash is a European and UK Patent Attorney. He is committed to providing each of his clients with accessible, actionable advice that complements the needs and objectives of his clients’ businesses. He principally advises clients in relation to developing and executing global patent strategies, and defending and opposing European patents. Ash has also worked with clients to carry out patent matter due diligence to obtain finance, undergo public offerings and evaluate partnering opportunities.
Ash works with directors, intellectual property managers, in-house counsel, overseas patent attorneys and inventors at companies that range from small to medium-sized enterprises to multinational corporates. Notable clients include an expanding biopharmaceutical company that specialises in developing therapies for rare diseases and a multinational household brand.
Ash has particular expertise in the technical fields of:
- Preclinical, clinical and approved small molecule pharmaceuticals, including p38 MAPK inhibitors, muscarinic anticholinergic compounds and aromatase inhibitors
- Chemical compositions, including fabric care and dishwashing compositions
- Packaging materials
His legal specialisms include:
- Opposition and appeal proceedings at the European Patent Office
- Prosecuting global patent portfolios
- Patenting strategies to extend lifecycle protection of small molecule pharmaceuticals
European Patent Attorney
UK Patent Attorney
Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
Member of the European Patent Institute (EPI)
Ash joined GJE in 2015 and qualified as a European Patent Attorney in 2019 and a UK Patent Attorney in 2020.
Ash studied at the University of Bristol and was awarded a First Class Honours Master’s degree in Chemistry. He specialised in organic and physical chemistry in his Master’s year.