Charlie is a European and UK Patent Attorney working in the Chemistry and Life Sciences group. He specialises in drafting and prosecuting patent applications covering a wide range of technologies, especially in the pharmaceutical and industrial chemistry fields.
Charlie works closely with a number of clients, ranging from universities and SMEs to multinational companies, advising on global patent portfolios, filing strategies and freedom to operate.
Outside work, Charlie is a keen runner as well as a more reluctant swimmer and cyclist.
Charlie works across a variety of areas and has particular expertise in the fields of:
- Small molecule pharmaceuticals, including formulations, dosage regimens and drug repurposing
- Formulations and compositions in the personal care industry
- Polymers and polymer processing
His legal expertise includes:
- Prosecuting patent portfolios across a range of jurisdictions
- Advising on portfolio management and filing strategies
- Advising on patent validity and freedom to operate
UK Patent Attorney
European Patent Attorney
Member of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
Member of the European Patent Institute (EPI)
Charlie joined the profession in 2016 and qualified as both a European and UK patent attorney in 2021. He joined GJE in 2022 having previously worked at another private practice firm.
Charlie has a Master’s degree in Natural Sciences, specialising in chemistry, from the University of Cambridge. His Master’s research project focussed on investigating the folding pathways of circular permutant proteins.