Lucy works in the patents area, in drafting and portfolio management and in particular in European Patent Office oppositions. She acts for clients in defence of their own patents and in opposition to those of their competitors.
Lucy’s experience in European Patent Office opposition and appeal proceedings is extensive. In over 28 years as a patent attorney, she has represented clients in over 300 opposition and appeal hearings.
Lucy’s technical areas of specialism are in the chemical, FMCG and chemical engineering fields. Examples include:
- Detergents and their components
- Household fragrance products
- Polymeric films and fibres
- Absorbent articles and materials
- Food and drink products
- Personal care products including skin and hair care products
- Man-made vitreous fibre products such as insulation products and horticultural growth media
European Patent Attorney
UK Patent Attorney
Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
Member of the European Patent Institute (EPI)
Member of the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA)
Board member of EPLIT
Member of AIPLA
Lucy joined the firm in 1992 and qualified as a UK Patent Attorney in 1996 and as a European Patent Attorney in 1997. She was a Partner for 20 years from 2000 to 2020 and is now Director.