Chartered Patent Attorney
European Patent Attorney
Peter graduated from the University of Edinburgh with a first class honours degree in Astrophysics. Peter also has a Master’s Degree with Distinction from Imperial College in Optics and Photonics.
Peter joined the patent profession in 2005 and was previously a partner at another London-based firm. Peter joined Gill Jennings & Every as a partner in 2016.
Peter is often ranked as one of the leading patent attorneys in the UK. His technical focus is in physics with specialisms in optics and software.
Peter works across a variety of industrial sectors, but has particular expertise in:
• Software and database systems, including complex event processing
• Machine learning
• Augmented reality and virtual reality devices
• Electronic cigarettes
• Mobile phones and telecommunication, including standards essential patents
• GPS and navigation systems
• Data storage devices
• Quantum Computing
• Medical devices
• Opposition and appeal proceedings at the EPO
• Advising on IP Strategies for early stage and fast growth businesses
• Advising on Patent Risk Evaluation as part of a Freedom to Operate strategy
• Revocation proceedings in a variety of overseas jurisdictions.
Peter works with in-house departments for a number of US companies to support and develop their European IP portfolio. Peter also works with large multinationals based in Europe working on some of their latest innovations, in the patent drafting process as well as overseas prosecution, and oppositions. Peter is also excited to work with many growth clients in the UK and Europe, helping design IP strategies that support their long-term growth objectives.
Peter is ranked as a Patent Star in IP Stars. In Legal 500, client testimonials have rated Peter as “outstanding”. In another quote, Peter is said to “cut right through to the key issues in a short period of time”.
Peter is involved in the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys media and PR group, which aims to promote and highlight the importance of IP with the UK economy.
• Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
• European Patent Institute (EPI)
• International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
In his time away from the office, Peter enjoys adventures with his young family and, when time permits, he can indulge some other interests including cycling, tennis and chess.